Street contacts from our house!

 Hello everyone! It has been a week full of adventures here in our little house this week! The highlight is that yesterday we found 2 new people on the street to teach without ever leaving our house! Miracle I know! What happened was that Hermana and I were just in our office calling like usual and we heard this tapping noise for about 2 minutes. Turns out it was someone ¨knocking¨ at our door. We go out and when he sees me he just starts to smile! What happened was that last week he was walking to his house and heard me talking on the phone with my family on Pday in English! So that night when he heard us talking again he stopped to ask if I would teach his son english, because he knew that I was foreign and that people with black tags are nice. Of course we said yes!! Am I ready to teach someone in spanish english? I'm not sure, but God and Hermana Castro will help so I am pumped!


  Also this week we had a battle with ants! Off and on we had problems with maybe 20 or so every week but then on Friday we went into our kitchen and the baseboard behind our oven and fridge was just crawling. Long story short after moving our fridge oven and microwave we found that behind a section of baseboard was a mini colony of ants festering! But after a whole bunch of Raid spray, sweeping, mopping with boiling water, then mopping with chlorine we no longer have that problem! Hermana Castro and I are just pro exterminators I guess!

   This week the work went super good! We contacted 3 people and all of them said to us, ¨Wait here I need to go get my kid so that he can hear the words of God, or so that he too can pray with us¨! So this week we are going to start teaching 3 families who are so darling and are so receptive to our message! We are also hoping to put one of people named Fabian on date for Baptism this week because he really loves the Book of Mormon and wants to learn practically everything about our church! Ahhh so stoked!

  Also our Bishop this week was so nice. He randomly called us one afternoon and all he said was I am at your house, come outside with plates. So we went out and he had bought us fresh empanadas just to be nice! We have such a great ward here! I hope that you guys all have amazing weeks! Thank you everyone for all of your continued love and support!

Comments